Monday, March 29, 2010

ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS

I took my kids to the park today and they were so excited to play. Logan had been waiting since before church to go to the park. Seven hours of waiting: after church, lunch and nap time I finally got him to the park. Some brats had totally messed up the jungle jim area. They took buckets of rocks and completely covered the entire play area so it was unsafe. The kids couldn't go up the stairs becuse it was hard to walk on all the rocks. I was so angry that these kids had violated the play area and ruined my kids ability to play. I have no idea who did this but I imediately began throwing rocks every where trying to get them off of every thing so my kids could play. As I was frustrated and relaized there was no way I could fix this I was reminded how anngry Jesus was when the people had violated the temple by turning it into a market rather than a hous of prayer.

Jesus at the Temple
Mathew 21
12Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13"It is written," he said to them, " 'My house will be called a house of prayer,'[e] but you are making it a 'den of robbers.'[f]"
14The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. 15But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they were indignant.

16"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him.
"Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read,
" 'From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise'[g]?"

17And he left them and went out of the city to Bethany, where he spent the night.


I have often found it weird to see Jesus so angry because he seems so different from His character. It was not wrong though it was a righteouse anger. Trufully it was His house to reorganize. Just as I was so angry that the playground that was made to bring joy to my kids was vilated Jesus was angered that His childrent were being robbed. Jesus wants the church to be a place of worship and a house of prayer. It breaks His heart when it is being used for evil and drawing His children away from what He wants for them. I hope that when we have church that Jesus is pleased and that we are doing what He intended with His church.

No comments:

Post a Comment