Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tears of Joy

I start a new job in Baytown Texas on June 1 2010. Many of you know my journey and the struggle I have had ever since the end of Living Waters. I went through a process that led me back to researching what I believe about church and questioning my motives about why I do church and why I am a pastor. I have applied at thousands of churches over the last few years and God has slammed the door shut on all of them. Churches act like I have leprosy or something. I have learned to be content in my circumstances and that has been good for me. The best thing I learned is that my walk with God is not determined by my title in a church even though I love church. I was also drawn to missions more than I have been in the past and given a desire to take the church to the lost and hurting in places where the church is not reaching people. I have been given a job starting churches in Multi Housing Communities and it is beyond a perfect fit for me. God is good and it was well worth the wait. It is interesting how amazing it is to see Gods plan when it is finally revealed and see how all the peaces fit together. Thank you Jesus for my new job.

Today was the first time in many many years that I had tears of joy come to my eyes when I thought about my job.

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for God to give me a ministry job. Please be praying for our family and friends as we move. As excited as we are it is very bitter sweet to leave friends and family behind. 

1 comment:

  1. Not all churches treated you with Leprosy.... We will miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete